Leave and Holidays
- 10 paid Federal Holidays. (To learn more click here)
- Annual Leave – Our beginning employees earn nearly 3 weeks (13 days) of annual leave. After 3 years of service, our employees earn 4 weeks of annual leave, and after 15 years our employees earn over 5 weeks of annual leave/vacation! (To learn more click here)
- Sick Leave – USACE employees earn 13 days of sick leave every year, with the ability to carry over existing sick leave to following years. (To learn more click here)
- Medical Insurance – USACE employees enjoy the security of Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) insurance to cover themselves and their families. Employees choose from a number of options to include Consumer-Driven High Deductible, Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) or Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs). The Government pays for approximately 70% of the total FEHB premium. (To learn more click here)
- Dental & Vision – Our employees use the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP). (To learn more click here); (For vision click here)
- Flexible Spending Accounts – USACE employees may contribute a portion of their salaries on a pretax basis to pay for health care or dependent care expenses. (To learn more click here)
- Long Term Care – USACE full time employees are eligible to purchase Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) coverage for themselves and/or eligible family members to provide financial relief should they require lengthy or lifelong assistance with activities of daily living. (To learn more click here)
- Life Insurance – Our employees are eligible for the Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance (FEGLI), which is the largest group life insurance program in the world! They may choose from the Basic Insurance option and three forms of Optional Insurance. (To learn more click here)
- Retirement – One of the most valuable benefits for our employees is their coverage under the Federal Employees’ Retirement System (FERS). Our employees accrue a retirement benefit of 1% of their annual salary for every year of service. This is in addition to the employee’s Social Security Retirement and TSP savings! (To learn more click here)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) – The TSP is a tax-deferred retirement savings and investment plan that offers our employees the same type of savings and tax benefits as 401(k) plans with private corporations. USACE automatically matches your contributions on the first 5% of your pay.
Quality of Life and Career Enrichment
- Alternate Work Schedules – With supervisory approval, our employees may fulfill their 80-hour biweekly work requirement in eight or nine days, vary their daily arrival and departure times, and earn credit hours. (To learn more click here)
- Telework – With supervisory approval, eligible employees may arrange to work from home when their work can be performed away from the office or workplace setting. (To learn more click here)
- Mass Transportation Benefit Program – Our employees may receive a nontaxable transit subsidy each month, up to a legislated amount, to defray the cost of using public transportation for commuting to/from work.
- Working Overseas – USACE employees are eligible for exciting and rewarding assignments in Europe, the Middle East, and the Far East. On deployment employees may be eligible for additional compensation in the form of Post Differential Allowance, Overtime Pay, and other pays/allowances. (To learn more click here)
- Student Loan Repayment – USACE may be able to offer repayment of student loans. (To learn more click here)
- Leadership Training – Our employees have the opportunity to take leadership courses both online and in the classroom and to broaden their skills through developmental assignments.
- Advanced Education – USACE employees may compete for paid programs to finish their degree or to receive their Master’s degree from the Army War College or National Defense University.
- Individual Skills Training – Our employees have access to free courses in topics such as Accounting, Mathematics, Marketing, Human Resources, MS-Office, Crystal Reports, Software Design, Cisco Certifications, Microsoft Certifications, Oracle Certifications, and many more.