The Chicago District has transitioned to digital applications. If it is necessary to provide a hard copy of the application materials, and/or any subsequent material, a digital copy must also be provided for the digital record. In order to have the highest quality documents, we prefer that the original digital documents be converted to PDF as opposed to the documents being printed and then scanned.
All electronic applications must be sent to ChicagoRequests@usace.army.mil. For submittals greater than 10MB and less than 8GB, please use the DoD SAFE (Secure Access File Exchange). Please contact us for an access code.
In the body of the email, please include the following information:
- Project name
- Applicant/Requestor/Client Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone, Email)
- Latitude and Longitude (in decimal degrees) of the project area
- Location description (Address or Cross Streets, City, County, State)
- Type of Request (Jurisdictional Determination, Pre-application Meeting, Regional / Nationwide / Individual Permit, Letter of No Objection / No Permit Required Letter, etc)
- Is this request related to any previous Army Corps reviews? If so, please provide the Army Corps file number for that review.
For those who want to submit a paper copy, please send the application package to the address below and include a copy of the entire application package on a CD/DVD. Please note that we are unable to accept flash drives.
US Army Corps of Engineers – Regulatory Branch
231 South LaSalle Street, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60604