The Chicago District has transitioned to digital applications. If it is necessary to provide a hard copy of the application materials, and/or any subsequent material, a digital copy must also be provided for the digital record. In order to have the highest quality documents, we prefer that the original digital documents be converted to PDF as opposed to the documents being printed and then scanned.
All electronic applications must be sent to ChicagoRequests@usace.army.mil. Please do not send it directly to a project manager. For submittals greater than 10MB and less than 8GB, only attach a copy of the application form and location map. After you receive an email with your project number and your assigned project manager, coordinate directly with the assigned project manager to transmit the full application. The assigned project manager will provide you with an access code to upload documents to the DoD SAFE (Secure Access File Exchange) file share site.
The following information must be included in the body of the email:
- Is this request related to any previous Army Corps reviews? If so, please provide the Army Corps file number for that review.
- Project name;
- Contact information of the applicant. This should always include an individual's name, company (if applicable), address, telephone number, and an e-mail address. Please note that the applicant is not the consultant, contractor, nor the engineering firm. Normally the applicant is the property owner, or a utility or transportation agency.
- Latitude and Longitude (in decimal degrees) of the project area;
- Location description (Address or Cross Streets, City, County, State)
- Type of Request (Jurisdictional Determination, Pre-application Consultation, Regional / Nationwide / Individual Permit, No Permit Required Letter, etc)
For those who want to submit a paper copy, please send the application package to the address below and include a copy of the entire application package on a CD/DVD. Please note that we are unable to accept flash drives.
US Army Corps of Engineers – Regulatory Branch
231 South LaSalle Street, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60604