The Regulatory Branch is transitioning to digital records. If it is necessary to provide a hard copy of the application materials, and/or any subsequent material, a digital copy must also be provided for the digital record. In order to have the highest quality documents, we prefer that the original digital documents are converted to PDF as opposed to the documents being printed and then scanned.
The Chicago District Regulatory Branch has developed the following procedure for receiving electronically submitted requests. This effort will improve our efficiency, reduce our environmental footprint and address our stakeholders’ preferred correspondence method. Electronic requests may include applications, jurisdictional determination requests, or Letter of No Objection needs.
1. To submit applications or other requests electronically all documents will have to be saved, scanned, or "printed" as a PDF documents then submitted as an attachment in an email to ChicagoRequests@usace.army.mil
Please also note that all forms that require signature must be digitally signed or signed manually, scanned and then sent electronically.
2. Your email text should include the following:
a) Applicant name, address and e-mail address
b) Project name and address
c) Latitude and Longitude in decimal degrees. e.g., (42.927883, -88.362576)
d) Brief description of the project
3. The electronic application and attached documents must not exceed 10 megabytes (10MB). Electronic documents must have sufficient resolution to show project details. The project manager assigned to your request may request that you send paper documents and plans.
4. For submittals greater than 10MB and less than 2GB, the ARL Secure Access File Exchange Access File Exchange can be used. Make sure to put ChicagoRequests@usace.army.mil as the recipient email. Please contact us for an access code.
5. For those who want to submit a paper copy, please send the application package to this office. Please include a copy of the entire application package on a CD/DVD. Please note that we are unable to accept flash drives.
This procedure is for the Chicago District Regulatory Branch only. If submitting paperwork for another District’s regulatory branch, or any other element of the Chicago District, please contact them first to ascertain their requirements.
This procedure is effective immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Keith Wozniak, Chief, West Section, at 312-846-5535.