Water Quality Data and Reports

* Water quality monitoring and reporting in the Chicago Area Waterways is conducted and maintained by the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago. Monitoring data requests or questions should be submitted to waterqualitydata@mwrd.org.

Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Reporting and Contact Information

To report potential HAB-related illnesses, please contact Poison Control Center at:


To report HABS, or for more information, please contact the following appropriate authority:


Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Division of Public Health (DPH) at 1-608-266-1120


Illinois Environmental Protection Agency at 217-782-3362


Indiana Department of Environmental Management at 1-800-451-6027 ext. 24464


NOTICE: All data contained herein is preliminary in nature and therefore subject to change. The data is for general information purposes ONLY and SHALL NOT be used in technical applications such as, but not limited to, studies or designs. All critical data should be obtained from and verified by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Chicago District, Environmental Section, 231 South LaSalle Street, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60604. The United States of America assumes no liability for the completeness or accuracy of the data contained herein and any use of such data inconsistent with this disclaimer shall be solely at the risk of the user.

Have Questions?

For issues related to the LRC water quality program or its data, contact us at: 

Email: Casey Pittman or

Phone: (312) 846-5506